Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 8, 2014

The original plan was to leave either late Monday night or early Tuesday for LA, then for Vegas from there to get into Vegas for Pacquiao-Bradley fight week.

Instead, I stuck around the Bay into Tuesday with the plan of leaving that night. My friend Andrew (who I'd been trying to grab a beer with while I was in town) hit me up and said he had a +1 to Dum Dum Girls later that night at The Independent. This was the scene of the ZZ Ward show I attended a few days before.

We stopped at this place called the Bean Bag Cafe across the street from the Indy. Holy shit, what a gem this place is. FREE donuts and their beers were like two or three bucks. It was a godsend.

We got to the show a bit before Dum Dum Girls went on. We hungout in the VIP section, which is at the back on the balcony.

Dum Dum Girls have a good sound but they didn't really have much of a stage presence. The lead singer said maybe two sentences the whole night. There were some definite standout songs, obviously their hit "Coming Down", which closed the show.

Unfortunately, my bad luck of being near an asshole who only cared about themselves continued. This one guy would seriously not shut the fuck up for most of their set. I cannot stand when people lack courtesy for others.

Anyways, the show was enjoyable but it was just good to see my friend Andrew and catch up a bit. He's a musician starting to make some things happen. Check out his band The Tet Holiday, they are excellent.

Got dropped off where the Megabus picked me up at 11:59 and took me away from the Bay Area. Though some things didn't work out (two A's games rained out), it was still a nice week back in the Bay. It'll be a few months until I make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment