Friday, April 11, 2014

April 10, 2014

Thursday, I met up with a friend who was relatively new to covering boxing but was coming from the background of the music industry where he was successful. Caught the HBO 24/7 on Pacquiao-Bradley and got a chance to interview Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant for a piece I'm working on for later in the year. Both were extremely helpful with their insights.

Later that night, I went to go see GROUPLOVE and Warpaint at the Cosmopolitan Boulevard Pool. I paid for this ticket! I can't actually remember the last concert I paid to see but for $36, I thought this was a solid deal.

Warpaint at Cosmopolitan Boulevard Pool. @MarkEOrtega


Las Vegas is the only place that might have shittier crowds than Los Angeles. During Warpaint's set, some drunken asshole female kept yelling "DESTINY'S CHILD!!!" at them because gee golly, they're an all female band. It was extremely disruptive and the best I could muster was a passive aggressive "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in her general direction.

Warpaint was pretty damn good but this chick really sort of ruined it for me. I'll still probably catch them at Coachella next weekend.

GROUPLOVE at Cosmopolitan Boulevard Pool. @MarkEOrtega

GROUPLOVE really surprised me. I had only really heard the one big radio hit "Tongue Tied" and liked it for awhile but it got old rather fast. Their energy on stage was fantastic and they had a lot of catchy melodies. The crowd was much more acceptable for this part of the night.

GROUPLOVE at Cosmopolitan Boulevard Pool. @MarkEOrtega

No comments:

Post a Comment