Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 4-5, 2014

I was supposed to go see the Oakland A's play the Seattle Mariners on Friday, Apr. 4. I went so much as to show up, get to the press box, and wait until 30 minutes after the scheduled game time, only to hear that the game had been postponed. They hadn't covered the field with the tarp the night before and it poured. They couldn't get the field ready in time to play, so that was the story.

So that night I ended up doing nothing.

Apr. 5, I experienced a little more bad luck. The A's played a 1:05 game against the Mariners. I was at Walnut Creek BART with plenty of time to make it to the game on time. Except there was what amounted to a 45 minute delay that caused me to get there in the 2nd inning. Then, they didn't have a credential at the pickup window for me due to some mistake so I waited another two innings before getting inside. I got there just in time to see Dan Straily give up a two-run HR that put the A's behind. I missed his brilliance in the first four innings. My luck.

Still got my first deadline game report up within an hour of the game. The next day was going to be nuts with an A's day game and a concert later that night in SF. This is when shit is gonna get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment