Sunday, March 20, 2016

SXSW 2016 (Saturday): HINDS, Diet Cig, Formation make up for line-wasting time

SXSW 2016 (Saturday): HINDS, Diet Cig, Formation make up for line-wasting time
Mark E. Ortega
Grimygoods.com
March 20, 2016

The one big drawback of SXSW is that you could potentially wait in a line for three or more hours for a really hyped event, think you’re going to get in, and then get royally effed over and left in the cold.

This is what happened to me on my last day of SXSW 2016 as I got to the Bud Light Factory at Brazo’s extremely early in an effort to see The Roots and Big Grams at their famed Jam Sessions. Security told people doors would open at 8 PM. I was in the first 75 people in the wristband line, there wasn’t a long line of badge holders or VIPs but 8 PM came and went. Then 9 PM came and went and the VIP and badge holder lines were massive. I ended up waiting and waiting just to not make it in. It was the one mistake I made all week and it ended up costing me the chance to see some dope bands during that time. Luckily, SXSW always allows you a chance to redeem yourself and I ended up seeing some dope bands anyways.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment