Friday, October 9, 2015

Ben Howard proves sound expansive enough for Greek Theatre, plays fan favorites and Sharon Van Etten cover

Ben Howard proves sound expansive enough for Greek Theatre, plays fan favorites and Sharon Van Etten cover
Mark E. Ortega
GrimyGoods.com
October 9, 2015

Last October, I got to see British singer-songwriter Ben Howard play a sold-out gig at the El Rey Theatre just as his record I Forget Where We Were was released. It’s the kind of intimate venue that these types of musicians are best enjoyed and Howard did not disappoint – I considered it one of the very best shows I got to see in all of 2014.

Now a year later, Howard was headlining the much more expansive Greek Theatre on Wednesday night. I previously considered him to be the next Damien Rice, so it was intriguing to see how he’d compare to Rice’s own Greek Theatre gig earlier this year.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment