Sunday, March 22, 2015

SXSW Friday: The ladies rule: Elle King, Natalie Prass, Charlotte OC & more


SXSW Friday: The ladies rule: Elle King, Natalie Prass, Charlotte OC & more
Mark E. Ortega
GrimyGoods.com
March 22, 2015

All week I knew that Friday promised to be the busiest day for me music-wise from beginning to end. From noon to 1:30 AM, I hit five different venues and got to see a dozen different acts, almost all of which I hadn’t gotten a chance to see the previous two days.

My day started at Mohawk for House of Vans. I caught the tail-end of British synth-pop act JUCE. They had great energy and I liked their sound. Lead vocalist Chalin was able to get the crowd really into it, which is a lot to ask at noon after most people have partied the previous three days and were hungover. “Austin, you just got JUCED!” she shouted at the end of her set to great applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment