Friday, May 30, 2014

M.I.A. brings house down with shimmering performance at The Shrine


M.I.A. brings house down with shimmering performance at The Shrine
Mark E. Ortega
GrimyGoods.com
May 30, 2013


Last night night, London’s M.I.A. brought the house down at the Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall, overcoming the venue’s notoriously bad acoustics as she had the crowd moving their feet from the first moment.

The crowd started a chant of “M.I.A.! M.I.A.!” as they waited patiently. Finally, the British star made her way to the stage around 10:20 p.m. Dressed in what from a distance appeared to be a track suit spray painted in gold, M.I.A.’s stage had it all. From male dancers who were losing their sh*t to a crazy light show on stage, it felt like a big EDM DJ set without the overflow of “bros”. There wasn’t pushing and shoving to get to the front but rather everyone enjoying the moment together and dancing their asses off.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment