Sunday, March 9, 2014

Draft of Who to See at Coachella 2014

Draft of Who to See at Coachella 2014
Mark E. Ortega
March 9, 2014

This is the first year that I will be attending the Coachella Valley Music Festival in Indio, Calif. I will be doing so as a writer for GrimyGoods.com, an LA-based music blog that I've contributed concert and album reviews to since October. This is basically a dream come true for me as music festivals are my number two favorite thing in the world behind boxing, which is what I cover for a living.


I've drafted up a list of who I wish to see before I jump hardcore into my research of the festival. I want to see how different my lists change from now until the second weekend of the festival, which I will attend. If there is a star next to their name, I've seen them previously. This list also discounts the fact that I don't know the set times and therefore don't know where there will be clashes. That will change things drastically.

Friday
OutKast
The Knife
The Replacements
Broken Bells
Zedd
Girl Talk
*HAIM
Neko Case
AFI
Bryan Ferry
The Afghan Whigs
Aloe Blacc
Grouplove
Kate Nash
Crosses
The Preatures

Saturday
Muse
Queens of the Stone Age
Skrillex
Pharrell Williams
Lorde
Foster the People
Pet Shop Boys
MGMT
Empire of the Sun
Fatboy Slim
Nas
Kid Cudi
*The Head and The Heart
Sleigh Bells
Cage the Elephant
*Capital Cities
*The Naked and Famous
Warpaint
Bombay Bicycle Club

Sunday
*Beck
Calvin Harris
Neutral Milk Hotel
Disclosure
Lana Del Rey
Motorhead
The 1975
Krewella
James Vincent McMorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment