Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Famous Fight Fan: Rosie Perez


Famous Fight Fan: Rosie Perez
Mark E. Ortega
RingTV.com
June 12, 2013


There are famous boxing fans, and then there is Rosie Perez.

Made a household name by movies such as Do the Right Thing and White Men Can't Jump, and nominated for an Oscar for her role in Fearless, the actress has embraced boxing as much as any celebrity and has an impressive following of fight fans on Twitter.

She even served as grand marshal of this past weekend's International Boxing Hall of Fame parade, an honor that caught her off guard.

"I was beyond surprised," Perez told RingTV.com.

"Steve Farhood contacted me and said (Showtime Sports executive VP) Stephen Espinoza gave him my e-mail. He told me they were throwing around names for this and my name came up. I asked, 'Why me?,' and he said he thinks I'm great for boxing."

This year's list of inductees included the late Arturo Gatti, Virgil Hill, Myung-Woo Yuh, referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr., and journalist Colin Hart.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment