Saturday, January 5, 2013

Top 25 Prospects Final Report Card


Top 25 Prospects Final Report Card
Mark E. Ortega
Queensberry-Rules.com
January 5, 2013


When I first began contributing to TQBR, one of my first submissions was a list of 25 prospects that I had my eye on. Throughout 2012, I tracked their progress, even turning in a mid-year report on how they had done up until that point.

This piece marks a final report card on how those 25 fighters fared. Together, they combined for an astonishing 74-4 mark with 53 KOs, something that far exceeded my expectations when I first compiled the list.

This also marks my final contribution to TQBR as a staff writer, as I have decided in 2013 to focus more of my time on my weekly boxing column with the Northern California newspaper, the Martinez News-Gazette. By doing so, I felt as though I wouldn't have enough time to be a full-time contributor to TQBR and decided with editor Tim Starks' blessing it was time to move forward. I plan on still contributing the odd freelance piece online, though no destination has yet been determined.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment