Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Larry Merchant's Thoughts on Pacquiao-Bradley


Larry Merchant's Thoughts on Pacquiao-Bradley
Mark E. Ortega
Queensberry-Rules.com
June 12, 2012

 Saturday night, Timothy Bradley earned an extremely controversial split decision victory over Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Noticeably missing from the HBO broadcast was the venerable Larry Merchant, who TQBR had a chance to speak to early Monday evening and learn his thoughts. It must be noted that this writer saw the fight 114-114, a very unpopular verdict.

Thanks for talking to us, Larry. Obviously, we had a very controversial result this weekend in Las Vegas where Timothy Bradley got a decision over Manny Pacquiao. First, your thoughts on how you saw the fight?   

I thought Pacquiao clearly won, I had it around nine rounds to three. It is not unusual that judges don't agree, it is unusual that they get it as wrong as that. Pacquiao landed more punches and more hard punches. I'm sure you could do a slow motion to any fight and find where somebody did or didn't get credit or discredit for something. I'm not prepared to do that. I don't know what I would have said if I did, I'll have something to say about it after this weekend. To me, it is about who puts more hurt on the other guy.

Click here to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment